Mobile Text Game Shell- Ren'Py
A downloadable tool
At a request of a few authors and developers I know, I created a 'shell' of the code I used for my mobile text games. This is not a game, but a template for a mobile text game.
This is made with Ren'Py and requires that software to work. I highly recommend you download the software and play through their tutorial games before attempting to do anything with this code.
That said, I did try to make this as easy as possible with examples inserted right into the script. Feel free to use any of the artwork that is included, as well, if you find it useful -yes, commercially too, if that is your wish. If this shell is popular, I may make more UI for it as an addon option. (I'd likely charge a small fee for all the art, though!)
I do not make any claims on this base code! The code used again, is Ren'Py.
WHAT THIS INCLUDES:
* The entire shell of a working 'text game' that theoretically you would only need to adjust a few pieces of art to make use of.
* A system to 'freeze' some UI buttons so that they are unclickable with just a variable adjusted.
* A 'camp screen' like I used in one of my stories that allows the player to exit the story, read a few side chats, then return.
* A 'glossary' setup that functions much the same way as 'camp screen'.
* A couple 'scales' on the UI that can be labeled whatever is most useful for your storyline- or eliminated, but you'd need to adjust the buttons to the center if you removed them. (That Ren'Py tutorial I mentioned would come in handy for that :) )
WHAT THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE:
* A credit screen.
* Character images. This is nvl format!
Please let me know if you give this a try and what you may be using it for as well as if you have any issues with it. If you have interest in seeing more UI to fit this, let me know in comments or come find me on Discord.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.